Wednesday 30 April 2008

Swallowtail takes flight.

I have finished my swallowtail! It is absolutely glorious. I am so pleased that I did this as part of a knit-a-long, it encouraged me to keep at it seeing all the other finished ones on the Ravelry group, especially Hebe's as it was done in the same yarn as mine. The Posh Knitters group now has a page of finished swallowtails and they are all beautiful.




I did 19 repeats of the budding lace instead of 14 to make the shawl bigger, and used beads instead of nupps on the Lily of the Valley section. I also added beads to the peaked edging as I had plenty left. I do feel slightly sad now the KAL has ended for me but there will be another one soon so I' ll join in on that too. In the meantime I am going to try and finish the cabled shrug I started and decide which shawl to do with my goodies from Wonderwool.

I have been taking photos of Chandler, he is getting bigger and is still gorgeous. Everyone keeps asking me if he changes colour when I put him on a brightly coloured surface so I thought I would try and put him on my Wish scarf. Well, he stayed green, just a slightly different shade of green. So there is the answer.

2 comments:

Oiyi said...

Your Swallowtail is gorgeous! I am always in awe of people who knit lace.

setters said...

it's beautiful! Wow!!

I bet it really took some concentration - well done!