Monday 5 May 2008

A perfect weekend


This weekend has been lovely. It has made me appreciate living in Kent. On Saturday we went to the Sweeps Festival in Rochester. The weather was fantastic and the atmosphere was lively and fun. There were loads of Morris teams dancing in the High Street, everything from the traditional to the more alternative.

















My swallowtail shawl had its first outing and Mum was so impressed with it that she made me pose for a photo.









On Monday it was a sunny bank holiday, which is a miracle in itself! We went to the Museum of Kent life as E was dancing round the maypole with the school team. I sat next to an oast house, listening to jolly folk music and knitting a sock. It was really chilled and nice.









Just to top off the day I bought some fresh rhubarb on the way out and have just stuffed myself on rhubarb crumble and cream. What could be better.

1 comment:

Oiyi said...

That's great that you debuted Swallowtail outside. It's looks beautiful being worn.