Monday 21 April 2008

Swallowtail in progress

Remember the yarn and beads in my previous post? Well they are well on thier way to becoming a swallowtail shawl. I have done 17 repeats of the budding lace chart. Only two more to go then I can start the border with the beads. I am very pleased with it and the Sophia is a dream to knit. I am heading on a lace kick now and have already seen other patterns I want to try. I am also going to buy Victorian Lace Today as i have heard lots of good things about it and it has just come out in paperback.

These are some armwarmers I made for Rhianna using Opal feelings yarn. They are lovely and bright but she says they are itchy so hasn't worn them yet. I am going to wash them a few times and hope they soften up a bit. I also started a scarf using the yarn I received in the friends of P swap. It was to fill in time while I was waiting for the Swallowtail knitalong to start. It has already got quite long and will be the perfect quick knit for hospital waiting rooms or when I don't have time to concentrate.

I am off to Wonderwool Wales this coming weekend and am just a little excited! June and I are heading off on Friday morning and visiting the Colinette factory shop and then going to Wonderwool on the Saturday. I can't wait to meet some of the people I have been talking to on Ravelry. I will be taking the camera so will update with loads of pictures when I get back.

1 comment:

setters said...

oooh - have fun at wonderwool! Maybe next year for me :)