Friday 31 August 2007

Socks done!!

I have finished the waving not drowning socks and they are lovely! I love Opal yarn and I love how it softens up after a wash, this colour is fantastic, the name Neon really suits it. So now I have my bright and cheerful socks for grey days.
D is still in hospital, he was hoping to be home tomorrow but it looks like he will have to stay over the weekend. He is eating soft food now so things are definately on the up, the only problem is his blood pressure is low so they are trying to sort that out. E is off to brownie camp this weekend so it will just be R and me on our own. We will have to have a real girly weekend and make the most of it.
Last night i had a precious night off, the kids are at Mums, D in hospital so I was all alone and didn't have to go and visit him either as he already had visitors. It was the first time in ages that I have sat down and relaxed!! I poured a glass of wine and planned an evening starting a new project. First I tried winding a skein of Lana Borgoesia cashwool into a ball, that took ages and I got in a tangle near the end so decided the ball was big enough! Then I tried casting on for a beaded shawl but it is the first time I have used anything that fine and I found it really hard so after a few attempts I gave up for the moment. Next I decided to start E's blur bolero, only to find I haven't got any 6.5mm needles. Eventually I started a lacy cardigan in cotton 4ply, after casting on 189 stitches I got in a muddle trying to k4tog tbl and dropped a load of stitches off the needles!! At this point I put it all away and gave up! Sometimes its best to just watch telly!!

No comments: