Friday 17 August 2007

Aaarrggh!!

Sorry, another getting it off my chest post! The trouble is that I am having to be the strong one here and all I want to do is lean on someone else and let them worry about everything, but there isn't anyone! The kids need me to be strong, D needs me to be strong and his Mum is relying on me too. He has his op on Tuesday, and he is so scared and stressed. I am bad enough but he really is convinced it is all going to go pear shaped and he will get an infection or something. Neither of us are sleeping, he is grumpy because of the stress and he is in a lot of pain too at the moment. Its lovely here.....not!!
What doesn't help is the fact that we have finally, after much soul searching, decided that Rusty is going to have be rehomed. :-( We have gone through the finances and just don't have the money to pay for the intensive training he needs in order to be a controllable dog. We have had him a good couple of months now and tried so many things to sort out his problems but it isn't working. I hated having to make that decision, but it had to be done. The kids will hate me for it, not to mention other people who have been very vocal about thier disapproval of me even thinking about it! The thing is we never went looking for a dog, he just needed a home and we said we would give him a try. Well we have and it didn't work, now we just have to live with the fall out. Hopefully the kids will be ok and at least the cats will come out of hiding now.
Well I'd better go and be the strong one again! I'll update on the op next week.

No comments: