Friday 24 August 2007

A bit of beadwork

I was going back over the blog and realised that I haven't got any pictures of my bead work. So here are a few. These are not recent bits but they are ones I am particularly proud of. This is going to be image heavy!!


This one is a brooch I made for a secret pal swap on a beading forum. It was sent to Hawaii .















This is a necklace made with art glass beads from an american seller on Ebay. They are so gorgeous, my favourite colour (teal) and up close they look like little galaxys with swirls of stars in deep blue.








This was a challenge piece on the Bead and Button forum, the theme was Bollywood, so I went for lots of bling in red and gold. The little hearts tinkle when you move so it is a lovely piece to wear.







This is a choker made to a traditional American Indian pattern, as a commission piece for a friend who is really into that culture. It took 17 hours to make!! Each seed bead was added individually as the pattern was for a loom but I did it in square stitch!







This was a set in goldstone that a friend at work asked me to make for her daughter. It is beautifully sparkly as the goldstone is filled with lots of twinkly bits.












Last but not least this is the one I am probably most proud of, I made it at a workshop with Lyn Firth from Stitch'n'craft. It is simply stunning and I remember walking into that workshop and Lyn showing us what we would be making and I just thought "No way am I going to be able to do that!" But I did!!

No comments: