Wednesday 22 August 2007

At last the op is over!!

D has had the operation and is recovering nicely!! Hoorah! He is covered in tubes and feeling very sore today but otherwise is doing ok. I am so relieved it is over at last. This has been hanging over us for so long now, I know he still has a lot of recovery to get through and it may not even solve the problems completely but it has to mean some improvement surely!?!
The girls are coping really well, I have had a few tears but I took them to see him this evening and that helped, they are so used to having him at home all the time that they miss him a lot.
I wish I was coping as well, but I am so tired, what with all the animals to sort out and the kids to keep amused as well as work and visiting the hospital I just can't keep up!

We spent yesterday dyeing our sock yarn, it was fabulous messy fun! Just what the doctor ordered! E did hers bright blue and red, she wants a hat. R did bright orange and pink and wants trainer socks. I tried to do some more pastel shades, one is peach and pink and the other a light blue, I got a bit experimental and added some red to the blue to try and make a bit of purple but I'm not madly happy with the result. Maybe it will look better when it is wound and knitted.

No comments: