Thursday 25 September 2008

In a spin.

I said Abby would be a quick knit and it was, only three days and it was done. I am really pleased with it and can't wait for the cold weather now.
















I still haven't got the spindle I ordered at the Iknit day, they are having problems with the supplier, so I ordered another one from The Yarnyard. This is actually a good move as it means I will have a top whorl and bottom whorl spindle now so can work out which I prefer. I had a play today and made my first ever yarn from the 'padding' the spindle was wrapped in. Some lovely merino tencel in a soft lilac. Now hopefully one day I will be so good at spinning that I will look at this little uneven skien and laugh, but at the moment I am very proud of it.









I have also nearly finished my plastic canvas bag. I am going to see Mum (the sewing guru) tomorrow to make the lining and it will be done. It turned out a lot better than I expected. I used some cotton that was on sale at Lidl last year and the plastic canvas was 49p a sheet, the handles I have had laying around for ages so this has turned out to be a bargain. The most expensive part was the fabric for the lining.








Last night I took R to see Chicago at the Cambridge theatre in London. It was very good, although I think I prefer the film version slightly more. The stage is very sparse and that took away from the feeling that you were watching a story unfold, it felt a little more like a concert. But the dancing and singing was fantastic, if only I had legs like the girls in that chorus line!

2 comments:

Cinders said...

I like your abby, though I hope the weather stays like this a bit longer!
Your spinning looks lovely.

Penny said...

It looks like you've had a productive few days. Did you have a pattern for the bag or did you just wing it?