Tuesday 2 September 2008

Decisions made.

Well I've decided to have a go at Arwen as my next project. I have had a read through of the KAL group on Ravelry and am going to make it in one piece up to the arms and then split, and I think I'll have to make the arms bigger if I want it to fit my bingo wings. So I shall be starting that one next week probably. I'm not procrastinating, honest, but what with the kids going back to school this week it is a bit busy. This morning I had the shoe battle with R to find school shoes that I approved of and she felt were fashionable enough. This was the third time we had been shoe shopping in the last week and at last we found a pair.
On Saturday is the Iknit day and I am so excited. I can't wait to see the Yarn Harlot, meet up with some virtual friends and go to Sasha Kagans workshop. What a day! There will be photos next week I promise.
I have also made a decision that I am going to try a new venture. Mum and I were discussing the fact that we, and every other crafter we know, have a huge stash and could do with getting rid of some stuff. Mum commented that its a shame there isn't such a thing as a 'craft jumble' and a lightbulb came on over my head. I'm looking into hiring a hall and selling tables, like a boot fair but just craft items. I ran it past a few people on Ravelry and Angel Yarns and they have come up with the idea of inviting local craft guilds to come along too. I also have a friend in the WI who I can ask about doing tea and cakes, I'm sure they won't pass up the chance to raise some funds and WI cakes are the best in the world. So watch this space and I'll keep you updated with any more news.

No comments: