Tuesday 26 August 2008

Finished just in time

Here are my two projects for the Ravelympics. I finished the socks two hours before the flame went out so it was a close thing. I'm glad I decided to redo them in plain stocking stitch as I definately prefer that look. They fit but are a bit loose on the foot so that has made my mind up that I am a cuff down girl. I enjoy turning a heel more than a short row heel and I quite like kitchener stitch.
The little bug was a really quick and easy knit. It was meant as a pincushion for me but E has decided it belongs to her so who am I to argue.
This is the first time in ages I have only had one thing on the needles and its quite strange. I haven't got far to go on my Juno now and am not sure what to cast on for next. There a few things in my queue that are calling to me. In the meantime I have started a plastic canvas bag in the hope that inspiration will hit. Its either going to be a Spring Garden shawl in midnight blue Posh Cecilia with silver beads, or a top in Pure bamboo. The other thing I want to do is Arwen, basically too many things and too little time!

1 comment:

Tilly said...

I just love hand-knitted socks and they're on my 'want to do' list. Cute little bug too!