Saturday 16 August 2008

Thank you for lycra!

Just a quick update on the Ravelympics socks. I have frogged them and restarted. I wasn't happy that the yarn and pattern went together. The bit I liked best was the stocking stitch bit on the sole and I was getting big ladders because the first stitch on each needle was a purl stitch. So in frustration I frogged and am doing a plain unpatterned pair. The positive side to this is that I have now had a bit of practice doing a short row heel, so it should be a bit neater second time round. I have to say I'm not really enjoying knitting toe up. I definately prefer to do cuff down. It will be interesting to see how these socks fit compared to all my others. I have actually found myself watching bits of the Olympics and am so pleased that we have a few gold medals. The star of the show has to be Michael Phelps, the swimming genius from the USA. He is so good its scary, and looks rather good in lycra too.
I received my Iknit ticket yesterday and am really excited about seeing the Yarn Harlot. They are doing a competition to make a knitted alien as well and last night, (while not sleeping again) I had an idea. I will let you know if it works at a later date.
I have no relevant pictures today but I don't like a pictureless post so heres a random bunny nose for you.

1 comment:

YowlYY said...

This bunny nose is showing some disapproval although so adorable...how are you two furries by the way?