Thursday 12 July 2007

That'll make the summer interesting!

D had his appointment with the surgeon yesterday and they have decided to go ahead with the operation!! He is amazed as he thought it would be put off again, then the amazement turned to fear as the surgeon explained what they are going to do! I felt really sorry for him, his face just fell. He will be in hospital for at least 10 days and will be fed via a tube in the nose until he starts eating again. The incision will be crossways and go from one side of the chest to the other, so a fairly large recovery time afterwards. The barium xrays he had done were inconclusive as even the liquid barium couldn't get through the blockage, this means they are going in blind and hoping that the intestine is healthy enough to use for the by pass.
The op is scheduled for the beginning of August, so I am going to have to hope that my boss is feeling nice and will let me take some holiday even though the quota of people off in August is already filled. With the kids off school I am going to need at least two weeks whilst he is in the hospital and the first few days at home.
On the plus side I finished knitting a hat whilst I was waiting at the hospital. I have made it with the alpaca yarn I bought on Sunday and used a pattern on knitting pattern central for a cabled hat. It is lovely, but doesn't fit! I followed the pattern and did two repeats of the cable section, obviously I should have done three as it is fine widthways but too short for me. It fits E so she can have that and I'll do another one.
I am working on a crochet shawl at the moment and it is coming up beautifully, I can't find the charger for the camera battery so will have to post photos another day.

No comments: