Monday 9 July 2007

Quick update



I didn't get time to log in last week so a quick run down on whats been going on in the madhouse. I won a competition in Knit Today! How cool is that? I won ten balls of Wendy Shimmer (not sure what to do with that as it is a nightmare to knit with!), three skiens of Collinette Enigma (lush ribbon yarn, I've already earmarked that for a wrap that is in the latest Magknits), membership to Rowan international which also includes a pattern and 4 balls of All seasons cotton, some patterns and two tickets to the Knitting and Stitching show! Aren't I a lucky girl!! I already have my tickets booked for the K&S show so I have given them away on the Angel Yarns forum. Spread the happiness!!





On Sunday the Tour De France came through Kent, so we avoided it and went to an Alpaca farm for an open day. It was slightly less than advertised but we had a lovely time. The alpacas were so cute and the farmer was so enthusiastic that it was great to listen to him talking about them. I bought two balls of pink DK alpaca yarn and have decided to make a hat. I may even get it finished by the 22nd as we are going back to see them again!!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Those alpacas are adorable. :-) Weren't you even slightly tempted to pop one in your handbag?

Saira said...

Oh yes! I nearly did, but I was spotted as its legs were sticking out the top and he just wouldn't stay still!!