Saturday 16 June 2007

I'm really not good at this blog stuff, am I?




I think I had better try harder to keep up to date with this, I love reading other peoples blogs so it would be good to keep mine in a state where people might actually want to read it!!


Since my last post I have received my secret santa goodies from the Angel yarns forum swap, and they are lovely. I have already started a pair of socks with some of the Jojoland Melody. It is a slightly strange pattern as I have used a stitch pattern from the Knit Today sock booklet, but the pattern in the booklet is for DK and the Jojoland I've used is fingering weight so I had to adapt it. Its the first time I have worked without following a pattern strictly so I am really pleased with how they have turned out. The yarn is fabulous too which helps.
I am also on a stashalong which is going to last until the Knitting and Stitching show in October. I have written a list of all my stash and have the yarn and patterns for so many things that I just can't justify buying any more!! Having said that I fell off the wagon last week and bought some Wendy Fusion to make a felted bag! I must behave from now on! I have also joined a sock club, but that was an anniversary present from D so I'm not counting that!!
I am going on a crochet workshop next week and will update the blog with how I got on afterwards.

No comments: