Sunday 14 December 2008

Lucky ducky.

I have been a very lucky girl this week. First of all I received my secret santa parcel in the Posh swap. It was amazing, look at my goodies, fabulous fibre, a nice chunky mug, scrummy smelling soap, and best of all a pair of mitts in Posh Lucia that are so soft and delicious. They are also the same pattern as the ones I made for Mums birthday! How spooky that I was knitting them for Mum and the lovely Crobbles was knitting them for me at the same time.

I also won in a competition on the friends of P board on ravelry. We had to post up pictures of our pets with our Piddleloop bags, well I may only have two Piddleloop bags but I have lots of pets so its not surprising that I won two prizes. I won a skien of Schaeffer Anne yarn and a handmade needle roll made by Claire from Absy's Knitting. I donated a prize too and that was won by Saskia in Holland, so one of my bracelets is on its way to Holland. My jewellery is better travelled than I am!!
Then, to top off a lucky week I won the bonus ball on our work lottery. I was so pleased, I collect the money in each month and this is the first time this year my number has come up. This means I was able to order three skiens of Laura from Posh Yarn this week. The colour I have gone for is called patchwork quilt and is a beautiful pinky/fuschia. I am on a stashalong until Wonderwool in April, but since I won this money I don't feel guilty about spending it.
In other news, D isn't feeling so lucky, his abcess got worse and went into the bone so his face was very swollen and he is now on super antibiotics. This means he can't have his infusion of Infliximab, which means his joints are not working well at all. (Part of the Crohns symptoms is over production of the stomach acid which crystallizes in the joints and causes artritis type pain and stiffness. The Infliximab is an infusion every eight weeks that helps with the joints and the stomach.) He gets worse as the next one is approaching and with the cold weather as well he really do without the delay. He now has to wait untill 2nd January. As if that wasn't enough, his whole lower leg swelled up last night, he wasn't too worried at first as his knee is already swollen due to the Crohns, but today it got worse and was painful so he called the on call doctor and ended up at the hospital. They think he has a blood clot so he has had a clot busting injection and has to have an ultrasound scan tomorrow to confirm it. Basically he is falling apart at the seams.
Oh well, at least I only have another week and a half before I am off for Christmas and new year. Hopefully once he is over all this we can start the new year and hope for a bit of better health.

1 comment:

KnitYoga said...

Lucky ducky, indeed! Hope things are looking up for D soon healthwise. Happy Xmas, Saira.