Tuesday 28 October 2008

Catch up.

I really must blog more often, this is going to be a long picture heavy post and all because I left it too long between updating.
Since my last post I have been to Alexandra Palace and had a wonderful day. I met up with Twinepixie from the Posh group on Ravelry and had a cuppa and a chat, which broke the day up nicely. Mum and I had a lovely chat on the coach and wandered around together for a while. Its nice to get some time with her without the kids being there. As much as I love my kids they do tend to take over and make it hard to have a conversation. I managed to stick to my shopping list and buy the things I was after rather than just random bits and bobs. I did pick up some malabrigo sock yarn as I keep hearing about its magical properties and thought I must try it in the interests of research.





















I also bought some yummy fibre, deep green BFL from Hipknits and some merino/silk in blue from Fybrespates. I have spun half of each so far and plyed them together, once I have spun the other half I am going to make a simple roll brim hat. I'm quite excited as it will be the first thing I've actually made from my spinning.





















The other fibre was green (again) from Spindlefrog which had a sachet of lavender in so it smelt wonderful when I spun it. Again I have spun half and andean plyed it. I'm not sure what to do with it yet but will make up my mind when I've spun the other half.



















I have some finished objects as well. I finished the second Knotty glove, these really are wonderful. I can't wait for the cold weather to hit so I can wear them. Its half term this week and I am taking E to London for a tour on an open top bus and a visit to the Tower of London on Friday, the forecast for the week is artic and for once I'm pleased.



























The other finished project is my Juno Regina. I started it way back in May and it has been badly neglected because once the lacy bits on each end were done the middle section was really boring. I had to force myself to carry on and it very nearly got shoved into the 'never gonna finish' bag. Luckily R has started going to ballroom dancing classes on a Saturday morning and it involves me sitting for an hour and a half waiting for her. Ideal boring knitting time. I am pleased I didn't give up as it has turned out beautifully. Its made in Posh Yarn Eva 2ply and I wore it to work yesterday to many compliments.

No comments: