Tuesday 15 January 2008

A star!


Well, first post of the new year and its nearly halfway through January! Bad blogger!! Its been a bit hectic as we had both the girls birthdays so we have had a party, a sleepover, a shopping trip to Bluewater and a trip to the pantomime in the last couple of weeks. Fun but exhausting. I have however in amongst all that finished the star blanket for Nessies baby, now I just have to wait for Nessie to finish making the baby. He or she should be here soon. I am really pleased with it, it is by far the biggest thing I have ever crocheted and was nice to do.
I have joined a group on Ravelry to make a pair of socks each month for 2008. Yeah, like thats gonna happen! I did cast on for a ribbed pair for January but I have frogged them as I didn't like the yarn and pattern combination. So I am casting on again tonight for another pair. I am using Middle Earth Knitter yarn and the colours are fab, deep blue, green and purple. I will be happy if I finish one sock a month so I'll aim for that and see if I can reduce my sock yarn stash a bit. Please feel free to roll around laughing at this point, bearing in mind I have bought some lovely sock yarn from Posh Yarn and joined Middle Earth Knitters sock club again.





2 comments:

setters said...

Happy New Year - yeah I know it's a bit late but it's still Jan!! *cough cough*

Good luck with the socks, it sounds reasonable to do a sock a month & a good plan!!

Oiyi said...

The star blanket looks fantastic!