Wednesday 30 January 2008

Life and death.

Its been a strange sort of month, the usual January anticlimax after christmas and the girls birthdays, but for some reason I've found it harder to pull myself up this year. My friend Nessie had her baby, a little girl, which is fantastic news and I'm going to see her and have a cuddle tomorrow, I can't wait. On the flip side, one of the girls in the office downstairs was killed by a tree falling on her car a couple of weeks ago. She had a one month old baby, who was in the car with her at the time and was fortunately completely unhurt. She wasn't a friend as such, more someone I said hello to in the tea room every now and then but its really upset me. I am just so bloody angry that bad things seem to happen to nice people. That poor baby is never going to know his Mum now and theres not even anyone to blame, it was just a freak accident. Life isn't fair and I hate that.
On the knitting front I did actually finish one sock in January, here is E displaying it for me. I am aiming to finish its pair whilst I am on jury service for two weeks starting next Monday. I should have plenty of time sitting around and waiting, perfect for sock knitting.

3 comments:

setters said...

Life sucks sometimes doesn't it! My manager's son in law was killed in a road accident leaving his wife & 2 little ones behind - I've never meet him & I was deeply shocked by it, so I can only imagine how you might by feeling.
It made me think long & hard about the people I love & care for & how I treat them.

Anonymous said...

How strange life is - to be touched inevitably by such a shocking death - and to knit one beautiful sock - it makes being a human - and aware - worthwhile

Oiyi said...

That is such a horrible accident! A friend of my brother-in-law's gave birth the same day as me to a little girl and her husband died the next day falling out of a window. Life is so precious.