Friday 21 December 2007

Bah Humbug!

I'm feeling so un-christmassy its untrue! We don't even have any decorations up yet, work has been a pain, money is tight, D is Mr Grumpy and the puberty fairy has arrived with a vengence in our house! At least I am now off until Thursday so maybe the christmas feeling will start soon. I have finished my christmas knits now so I can breathe a sigh of relief on that score, I made my Mum a scarf in Knitwitches pure silk and I'm really pleased with it. I hope she likes it.















Dad is getting a cabled scarf and hat, he has been moaning that I never make him anything so hopefully that will keep him quiet! June is getting a pair of pink fetchings like I made for R as she admired those when she saw them. The other gifts I made are for Sue and Sue at work, these beaded vases.
I have also made my first ever christmas cake! I followed Delias recipe and have been feeding it with Tia Maria so I can't wait to try it. I hope anyone who happens across this blog has a very merry christmas without too much stress.

2 comments:

Mary-Lou said...

Happy Christmas to you too! - see you in January

setters said...

Hi Saira - I hope you're feeling more Christmassy now!! Have a fab time & hope to see you next year!