Tuesday 30 October 2007

Trip to Norfolk and meeting the Mayor.

If you have read my blog you will know that R is deputy carnival princess for our village. On Friday night we were invited to a presentation evening where cheques were handed out to good causes in the area from the money raised at this years fayre and carnival. R got all dressed up, she had a new dress that I bought from Ebay (god I love that place!!) and a manicure and her hair was done in curls again by my friend June. When we got there, she was more dressed up than the carnival queen! I was a bit worried that I had got it all wrong but when I checked the letter it had asked for her to go in full regalia! Maybe the queen prefers the understated look. Anyway, she had her photo taken with the Mayor and seemed quite happy with the whole thing so that was ok. It was lovely to see both the girls dressed up and looking gorgeous.


D and I had a weekend trip to Norwich while the girls stayed at my Mums. D had a reptile show on the Sunday so we decided to make a weekend of it. As usual it didn't go quite to plan! We got stuck in traffic on the way up because some lad had run in front of a van at the Dartford crossing so we didn't get there until 2.30 and we left my Mums at 9.30! I found Norfolk Yarn, which is a lovely shop and full of ladies with spinning wheels, which was lovely to watch. I bought some red cashmerino to do E some fetchings and a bagain bag of 10 balls of Elle chunky in an aubergine colour to do a jumper for me. On Sunday D dropped me off in Norwich and went to his show, it was very wet and windy but nice to have a casual wander round the shops on my own. I then went to meet D at the reptile show and wouldn't let him buy anything! I'm so mean! We did get a new vivarium which will eventually house a chameleon but not until we have room for it!


When Mum dropped the girls off in the evening she gave me this...















Its a needle roll for my dpns and crochet hooks!! It is absolutely fabulous, I love the colourful cats on it. She is working on one for my circular needles too. What a complete star! So all in all I have had a nice weekend!

2 comments:

KnitYoga said...

Very pretty carnival princesses and your mum is a gem. What a fabulous needle roll! Lucky girl!

lottie said...

I love the needle roll and your little girl looked fantastic!!!!! You must be so pround of her hun.

Luv Lottie