Tuesday 12 July 2011

Such a happy day

As I mentioned in my previous post D and I renewed our wedding vows in May this year. On our 17th wedding anniversary we did it all again at the Archbishops Palace in Maidstone. It was a wonderful day, the weather was perfect, unlike the first time round. It was also a lot smaller with just 40 of our closest friends and family. We came back to the house for a BBQ afterwards which ended with a singalong in the garden. I couldn't have asked for more.
The actual ceremony was quite short but very emotional, we chose Imelda May's song 'I'm alive' as our entrance and exit music, the words were just so right. I loved having my girls as bridesmaids and they both looked so grown up and beautiful.
So on with some pictures.
The crafter in me just has to tell you that I made my shawl and necklace. The shawl was crocheted using Natural Dye Studio's Precious lace, which is a 100% silk yarn. It also has about 1500 crystals, a mix of Swarovski and Czech. It is beautifully sparkly but unfortunately it doesn't show in the photos. The necklace is made with Swarovski clear AB crystals and purple seed beads. The dress was from Debenhams and was perfect as I couldn't decide what colour to go for and this one had all the colours I liked. It also went beautifully with the girls dresses.

No comments: